Interested parties are invited to submit an abstract towards the AusIMM International Uranium Conference program. All abstracts will be subject to peer review and committee approval. Presenting authors are required to pay and attend the conference to present their abstract.
Online Abstract Submission
Please note this conference is not calling for full papers, but abstracts only. Abstracts are subject to peer review and committee approval. All accepted abstracts will be published in an abstracts volume and presented during conference technical sessions. Conference attendees will be presented with the abstracts volume at the conference.
All presenting authors are required to pay and attend the conference to present their abstract.
Download the AusIMM Guide to Authors
Download the Uranium 2017 Abstract template
Click here to view the guide to writing an abstract
|Call for Abstracts Closes
||3 April 2017
|Notification to authors of abstract acceptance
||10 April 2017
|Final Abstracts and Copyrights Due
||24 April 2017
||28 April 2017
|AusIMM International Uranium Conference 2017
||6-7 June 2017
Abstracts that are accepted by the conference organising committee will be subject to peer review and the selection criteria which includes relevance to the conference themes, accuracy and originality of ideas, significance of the contribution and quality of presentation.
The abstract volume will only contain abstracts from authors/presenters attending the conference. To confirm publication of a presentation, as well as inclusion in the technical program of the conference, authors must ensure at least one author per abstract is registered and has paid the discounted author rate. Abstracts of authors who are not registered by the deadline will automatically be withdrawn from the abstract volume and program.
Author registration will be due by Friday 28 April 2017. Authors will be notified when registration is released.
WIMnet Conference Grants
The WIMnet Conference Grant scheme was created to support women who wish to present technical abstracts as well as attend conferences for professional development and networking purposes. It is the goal of the scheme is to increase the representation of female presenters and professionals at AusIMM conferences. A WIMnet Conference Grant is available for each AusIMM conference grant and it covers the cost of conference registration (excluding travel and accommodation).
How to Apply
Women interested in applying for the complimentary conference pass should prepare their application in the following way:
- Prepare a written statement (300 words max) explaining how your participation in the conference will benefit you, your career and your professional development.
- Indicate if you have or plan to purse any other role or opportunity at the conference such as chairing a technical session, being a panel member, delivering or participating in a workshop or field trip.
- If you are a presenter please include a copy in your accepted abstract.
- You may include a copy of your CV.
- Submit your application documents via email to the WIMnet secretariat, Donna Edwards.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate the following:
- Applicants need not be AusIMM members, although preference will be given to members
- Applicants presenting technical papers will be given preference over those who wish to attend for other professional development and networking needs.
- Applicants who demonstrate a financial or career development need beyond anything mentioned here will be given due consideration.
Conditions of the Award
WIMnet requires the submission of a short article (1-2 pages) relating your experience as an attendee and presenter following the conference. This can either be a technical article or something more personal about your experience and observations from the conference. WIMnet would like to use your article as an opportunity to further promote the conference grant scheme in the WIMnet newsletter. Please accompany your article with a photo of yourself.
WIMnet have a number of members experienced in conference presentations who are available to offer advice on presentation skills should an applicant be interested in their assistance.
Terms and Conditions
Download the AusIMM Author Terms and Conditions
By submitting your abstract you hereby agree to the terms and conditions of The AusIMM that if your final abstract is selected for the technical program, at least one author of the abstract will register and pay the discounted author registration fee with full intention of presenting at the conference. Abstracts of authors who fail to register and pay by the nominated deadline will be automatically withdrawn from the abstracts volume and program.
By submitting an abstract to this AusIMM conference you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Prior to submitting an abstract that contains information that relates to, or reports on, a particular company or organisation, the appropriate level of approval must have been granted.
- Abstracts submitted are of original quality (not previously published).
- Submissions of abstracts are loaded electronically via the conference Speakers’ Portal, with minimal formatting.
- Extended abstracts submitted are in accordance with the Guide to Authors and should not exceed 1000 words (3 pages).
- The abstract does not infringe on the copyright of any other third party and copyright for said abstract will be assigned to the AusIMM.
- The abstract adheres to the guidelines as presented in the AusIMM Guide to Authors.
- Authors with accepted final abstracts agree to register, pay and attend the conference. At least one author/presenter must be registered and paid by the nominated deadline in order for the abstract to be published and presented. Any abstract not registered and paid will be automatically removed from the abstract volume and program.
- Late withdrawals of final abstracts will incur penalties if withdrawn by the author at any time following the final submission date:
- Authors will incur a A$400 desktop publishing fee
- The abstract will be removed from the abstract volume and technical program
- In the instance the author is not available to present the abstract a suitable replacement may be found to present the abstract and pay the registration fee